Try the DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE made with So Good Almond Fresh, the best almond milk in India. A beautiful deep pink smoothie full of antioxidant-rich fruit makes a perfect pick me up a healthy snack.
What will you need?
• 1 cup So Good Almond Fresh Natural
• 2 cups fresh/frozen dragon fruit pieces
• 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
• 2 large frozen bananas, chopped
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until thick and creamy
- Pour mixture into glasses.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator and chill. (optional)
- Pitaya is another word for dragon fruit. This can be purchased frozen from health food stores or fresh in fruit shops. They also come in pink and white varieties.
- As bananas become overripe, peel and place them in the freezer.
- Frozen banana gives this smoothie its creamy texture.
Other health benefits of Pitaya or Dragon Fruit:
- High in Nutrients: Dragon fruit is low in calories, but it is packed with essential nutrients which the body needs. The fruit also contains a substantial amount of dietary fiber.
- It helps fight chronic disease: Free radicals can cause cell damage, however one can always combat it by eating food which is rich in antioxidant, for e.g. Dragon fruit, which is rich in several types of potent antioxidants like, carotenoids, vitamin c, and Betalains etc.
- Rich in Fiber: Dragon fruit has rich fiber content which can meet your daily recommended fiber value. It offers around 7 grams of fiber per servicing. This makes it an excellent choice of fulfilling your daily fiber needs.